question

Richard Berger avatar image
Richard Berger asked

Sending email fails with "Messages missing a valid messageId header are not 550 5.7.1 accepted.".

Recently, having not made any code changes, emails I've sent using the (SendEmailFromTemplate) API have started failing with the message. "Messages missing a valid messageId header are not 550 5.7.1 accepted".

A quick search with Google suggests this may be to do with a change to gmail in the last couple of months (possibly as a spam prevention measure, although I'm not sending spam!).

Is there any way I can define a valid messageId header through Playfab?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

I cannot reproduce this issue. In this case, can you please change another account and re-set up the SMTP and try again?

0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Berger avatar image Richard Berger Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Hi Rick. Did you try sending a mail to a gmail account? I think it might be specific to this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Richard Berger commented ·

No I didn't send to gmail. In this case, it could be Google's issue, please contact the Google support for help.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.