question

txomin avatar image
txomin asked

Server usage does not match billing summary

Hi !

With my current pricing plan I can use up to 750 VM core hours before starting to pay ; since I only use one 2-core Dasv4 VM I should be able to use this free tier until I reach 375 server usage hours.

However according to the 'Usage' panel of my build I only used ~280hrs and I am already getting charged (~7$, according to the Daily billing .csv it matches with ~35 additional server usage hours).

In summary I ran the VM for ~560 hours but PlayFab billing service logs ~785 hours.

Is this indeed an error from the billing service or is there something I am missing ? I need to properly estimate the cost of running the servers for 1 full month.

Thank you :)

My title ID is 530DA

My build ID is 459546fb-74f6-4e8d-a034-008801cb9309 (8 GS/machine)

pricing
captureplayfab.jpg (30.2 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

To be clear, core hour usage is added to billing summary after VM is unassigned. Your usage in September appears to be higher since VMs were unassigned at the beginning of September with usage from August. For this reason, charts on Game Manager may not line up with the billing summary.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

txomin avatar image txomin commented ·

Alright thank you for your answer, I will check if the billing info continues to make sense across multiple months.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

We have submitted a report to our team. We will keep you informed if there is any update.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.