question

My Game Studio avatar image
My Game Studio asked

Full list of response codes

Hello,

Is it possible to see a list of all possible error codes returned by a certain API call?

Example https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Client/method/RegisterPlayFabUser does not list all error codes such as 1058 - NameNotAvailable

Thank you

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks, I'm actually moving this thread to Bugs, since the calls should provide the complete list of error returns. We'll have the tools team ensure they do a pass on the APIs to catch all these.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kurt avatar image kurt commented ·

Looks like this still hasn't been updated. Any ETA?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan kurt commented ·

Sorry for the delay on this - I'll check with the tools lead, to see if we can't get this prioritized.

0 Likes 0 ·
kendrickvillaruel avatar image kendrickvillaruel commented ·

Hi @Brendan, did we have an update for this?

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/globalcodes I saw this, but it's not complete. the no internet connection error (1123) is not here.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan kendrickvillaruel commented ·

Yes, the page you referenced is indeed where all the error codes should be listed out. Thanks for calling out 1123 (which is "ServiceUnavailable") - the page incorrectly lists 1127 (DownstreamServiceUnavailable) where it should have 1123. The description for 1127 is actually that a third-party service isn't responding (hence "downstream"). I'll open a bug on that.

0 Likes 0 ·
A A avatar image A A brendan commented ·

Hello @Brendan. I have a question about these error codes. Is there a page in the documentation where all the PlayFab errors are listed with their actual meaning? So I have an exact description of every error. It'll be very helpful if I could know when and why exactly an error is called. Because I want to give the player a feedback what he/ she did wrong, so he/ she exactly knows what the mistake was.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.