question

brent-rynders avatar image
brent-rynders asked

High CPU usage with new project,Empty project, High CPU usage

When I create a new URP project using Unity 2020.3.38.f1 and I install the PlayFab Editor Extensions, my CPU usage on my local machine spikes to a constant 50% usage.

My performance just tanks when trying to do simple things, like editing scripts, building, or creating UI.

Without the extensions installed, there are no issues.

CPU:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz

8 gig RAM

When I create a new URP project using Unity 2020.3.38.f1 and I install the PlayFab Editor Extensions, my CPU usage on my local machine spikes to a constant 50% usage.

My performance just tanks when trying to do simple things, like editing scripts, building, or creating UI.

Without the extensions installed, there are no issues.

CPU:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz
8 gig RAM

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The PlayFab Editor Extensions is not necessary to connect your game to the PlayFab service. If you have verified that it is the PlayFab Editor Extensions causing the high CPU usage, you may remove it and use the PlayFab Unity SDK only.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.