I have some pretty cool systems set up inside of the first version of the Economy feature. I'm currently trying to migrate them over to Economy V2 but Running into some annoying issues.
1. The naming conventions for the APIs are really confusing. Coming from V1 there is Get Catalog, Get Stores, Start Purchase, Confirm Purchase and the list goes on. In V2 everything is Inventory prefixed and I think that should change.
2. I'm using the Economy API and its confusing when trying to figure out whos calling the API for example a function called PurchaseInventoryItems in V2 doesn't specify if its running on the client or not. Sometimes I get permission issues.
3. No character specific inventory is a bummer!
4. Docs need some love! There are some features like Keywords that I would like to use but there is no example of how to properly fill out that field. I Followed the default JSON format but got an error saying the format was invalid.
5. Theres also Batch Operations. These sound amazing. In my mind i can get an array of items and run a batch operation to purchase each of those items all in one function that way the async calls don't override one another but I keep getting permission errors. Im not sure if I call this on the title or the player. By default on the title can do it but I would like my client to be able to batch purchase multiple items. If this is doable without batch operations let me know
6. Using Real Money? Coming from V1 there is a Start Purchase -> Confirm Purchase style workflow for transactions that need to be confirmed inside of the games platform (e.g Steam) I don't see the equivalent of that for economy V2. Maybe I'm blind