question

kristofer avatar image
kristofer asked

PlayFabEconomyInstanceAPI - SearchItemsAsync

Hi,

I have a couple of question related to the Economy V2 API's.

1. Is the "SearchItemsAsync" method equivalent with the V1 "GetCatalogItemsResult" method or is there any other method to get all the items in the catalog?

2. According to the documentation you should be able to supply a store id in the request. But i cant seem to find it in the "SearchItemsRequest" class.

3. In the screenshot attached you can see a response where a "Bundle" is returned. However there is no field with the information of what is in the bundle. Is this the expected behaviour?

image-1.png (45.9 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kristofer avatar image kristofer commented ·

I was expecting to get this information in the response where the bundle item is returned.

0 Likes 0 ·
image-2.png (40.8 KiB)

1 Answer

·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

Are you using an older version of the SDK (pre-9/8) where we released UGC but hadn't released economy yet? I would expect you to see more properties. I'm seeing the expected values returned when I call the API.

1. Yes. `SearchItems` is the correct way to read some or all of the catalog.
  2. See `StoreReference`
    Catalog - Search Items - REST API (PlayFab Economy) | Microsoft Learn
  3. See `CatalogItemReference`
    Catalog - Search Items - REST API (PlayFab Economy) | Microsoft Learn
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.