question

erik-1 avatar image
erik-1 asked

PlayFab SDK C++ Unreal Engine,Unreal Engine with PlayFab/PlayFabParty C++ SDK

Can someone help me with setting up UE4.27 with PlayFab? There's a lot of different SDK's and the documentation is quite bad in my opinion.

What I've done so far:

1. Clean/new UE project

2. Cloned code from github repo. Copied PlayFabPlugin into UE project "Plugins" folder. (https://github.com/PlayFab/UnrealMarketplacePlugin)

3. Added "PlayFabCpp" to .Build.cs file

4. Rebuild project.

This makes the PlayFab part work (I think!). I'm able to use GetClientAPI() and call LoginWithCustomID().

But, the above PlayFab doesn't include the PlayFabParty SDK if I'm correct? How do I manage to get that into my project?

I've done this in VS: Install-Package Microsoft.PlayFab.PlayFabParty.Cpp.Windows -Version 1.7.11

#include "Party.h" doesn't work after running the above PackageManager install.

Anyone else struggling with this?

Can someone help me with setting up UE4.27 with PlayFab? There's a lot of different SDK's and the documentation is quite bad in my opinion.

What I've done so far:

1. Clean/new UE project

2. Cloned code from github repo. Copied PlayFabPlugin into UE project "Plugins" folder. (https://github.com/PlayFab/UnrealMarketplacePlugin)

3. Added "PlayFabCpp" to .Build.cs file

4. Rebuild project.

This makes the PlayFab part work (I think!). I'm able to use GetClientAPI() and call LoginWithCustomID().

But, the above PlayFab doesn't include the PlayFabParty SDK if I'm correct? How do I manage to get that into my project?

I've done this in VS: Install-Package Microsoft.PlayFab.PlayFabParty.Cpp.Windows -Version 1.7.11

#include "Party.h" doesn't work after running the above PackageManager install.

Anyone else struggling with this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

To use PlayFab Party in Unreal project, you need the PlayFab Online Subsystem (PF OSS) which enables you to make use of Multiplayer features like Lobby, Matchmaking, Party and Azure Cognitive Services in your Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) or Unreal Engine 5 (UE5) game. To get started, please refer to PlayFab Online Subsystem (OSS) Quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.