question

Greggory Addison avatar image
Greggory Addison asked

Steam Failed To Initialize Purchase - With EOS Integration - Any Fixes?

I recently got open ID to work between playfab and EOS. Currently Steam is my native platform with EOS being my default. This is to allow for crossplay between all different platforms. After changing my login method from "LoginWithSteam" to "LogInWithOpenIDConnection" it seams that steam isn't linked any more. Should I whenever the login is successful with EOS also link the steam account from the EOS? Or is there a way to make it more modular?

unrealPartner Add-onsPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

You should let your players decide which login method they want to use. For Steam users, they can choose LoginWithSteam, and for Epic users, they can choose LoginWithOpenIDConnection. I don’t think an Epic users should link Steam account, players may not have both accounts, Steam and Epic should be two separate workflows.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greggory Addison avatar image Greggory Addison commented ·

This would then ruin my plans for cross platform. EOS allows you to log into it with your steam account. what I plan to do is get the underlying platform from the login and automatically link that account to the playfab account that way when it comes to transactions it automatically works for the default platform.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Greggory Addison commented ·

If a player only have Epic account, based on your description, this player seems not being able to play your game. From what I understand, cross platform should be like, no matter which platform account the player has, Epic or Steam, this player can play game with both platform players. If all your players need a Steam account, why not let them login with Steam?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.