question

Marcel Ernst avatar image
Marcel Ernst asked

Complexity requirements are not met for UGC search

Hi,

I'm trying to match up 10+ tags in UGC search queries, which are primarly used to check whether the UGC supports a certain language. But filtering for more than 4 tags at once in a search query using "Tags/any(t: t eq 'en') and Tags/any(t: t eq 'de')...", results in an error:

The filter provided in the request does not meet the complexity requirements.

I couldn't find anything about complexity requirements in the documentation. What's the point of having multiple tags, when they are so limited in search queries? E.g. Steam or mod.io can handle searching for multiple tags with ease.

apis
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marcel Ernst avatar image Marcel Ernst commented ·

Ahh, I've found the Search Limits. Is there anything else I can do about the problem of filtering for multiple tags at once?

0 Likes 0 ·
Derek Reese avatar image Derek Reese Marcel Ernst commented ·

I'll ask the team, but typically those would either be run as separate queries, or you would pull a paged search of the catalog without the filters and then filter client-side. What's the use case for needing to filter server-side for that many tags?

0 Likes 0 ·
Marcel Ernst avatar image Marcel Ernst Derek Reese commented ·

We develop a pictionary game where you can create your own word packages. Those packages can be available in multiple languages, have up three categories and an age recommendation.

As we also use UGC for sharing drawings, there is one filter for the ContentType, one filter for the category you are looking for, one filter for the age recommendation you are looking for and an arbitrary amount of languages, as the game can be played in multiple languages at once, to enable player to play together despite their different languages.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

For now, PlayFab doesn’t support overly complicated queries, please feel free to post a feature request for it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.