question

Koya Tamura avatar image
Koya Tamura asked

VM on Multiplayer Server suddenly deleted and recreated.

I deployed my game server docker container image. And configuration of the region is the first attached image.

Suddenly region was deleted while I was playing a game. I saw the second attached image on the dashboard. After several minutes, the region was created automatically.

This is a critical problem because suddenly the game stops due to deleting the region. Is this correct behavior? Let me know the VM and the region lifecycles. And how to avoid this problem.

Thank you!

multiplayer
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Could you please provide your title id for us to diagnose?

0 Likes 0 ·
Koya Tamura avatar image Koya Tamura Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Yes, title id is: B7F80

0 Likes 0 ·
Koya Tamura avatar image Koya Tamura Koya Tamura commented ·

If my game server does not call GameserverSDK.UpdateConnectedPlayers API properly and player count on a server is 0 even if players play on the server, does PlayFab multiplayer delete VM and recreate it?

1 Like 1 ·
Koya Tamura avatar image Koya Tamura Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

If my game server does not call GameserverSDK.UpdateConnectedPlayers API properly and player count on a server is 0 even if players play on the server, does PlayFab multiplayer delete VM and recreate it?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Koya Tamura avatar image
Koya Tamura answered

@Rick Chen How is your diagnosis of my game title?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Sorry for the late reply. I can see that there are some events indicating that the related VM weren't healthy with message "NoAgentHeartbeat". Is your server working locally? Can you please follow this tutorial to debug your server locally before uploading to PlayFab MPS?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.