question

anusha avatar image
anusha asked

Matchmaking There were no latency measurements found for any of the users in the ticket

I am trying to create a matchmaking ticket following this sample https://github.com/PlayFab/MpsSamples/tree/main/MatchmakeSample but i end up with this error

Logged in player B592BB10F2782C8B, CustomId=5a776a3b-f0f6-4051-b273-e49ee30a9f66 There were no latency measurements found for any of the users in the ticket. Since the queue has thunderhead enabled, latency values are required to be sent for the region selection rule.

Can you please suggest me any fixes

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

The reason for your error is because the Rule of your matchmaking queue is the Region selection rule, which specifies the maximum latency, so you have to set the client latency attribute when calling the Create Matchmaking Ticket API and if you follow the MatchmakeSample , then you did not specify the client latency. You can refer to matchmaking regions latency - Playfab Community to get and set your latency.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Shashank avatar image
Shashank answered

Hello @Xiao Zha,

We managed to get the Matchmaking Service working by unchecking the 'Server Allocation' option, and then created a queue without any rules and ran the C# script from MPSSamples it worked; but how are we supposed to test the Matchmaking feature using OpenArena game which we have deployed on our Linux container through PlayFab:

I check these PlayerIDs and they all exist, but we're not even sure where they exist?

Also, we tried with 'Region Selection Rule', and ran through different procedures, but none of them worked out. As far as I know, most of the answers found ask us to enter the region and set the latency as shown below in the script:

1. var createResponse = await PlayFabMultiplayerAPI.CreateMatchmakingTicketAsync(newCreateMatchmakingTicketRequest
  2. {
  3. Creator=newMatchmakingPlayer
  4. {
  5. Entity=newPlayFab.MultiplayerModels.EntityKey
  6. {
  7. Id=AuthService.Id,
  8. Type=AuthService.Type
  9. },
  10. Attributes=newMatchmakingPlayerAttributes
  11. {
  12. DataObject=new
  13. {
  14. latencies =newobject[]
  15. {
  16. new{
  17. region ="EastUs",
  18. latency =150
  19. },
  20. new{
  21. region ="WestUs",
  22. latency =100
  23. }
  24. }
  25. }
  26. }
  27. },
  28. QueueName= QUEUE,
  29. GiveUpAfterSeconds=120
  30. });
  31. Debug.Log(createResponse.Error.ErrorMessage);

We are unsure about where to input this script/ make the necessary change where? Any help on this and how to check if the Matchmaking feature is working would be much appreciated

Thanks

z6mhp.png (31.0 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.