question

Benjamin Golinvaux avatar image
Benjamin Golinvaux asked

How to troubleshoot ticket cancellation

Hello

We are currently testing our multiplayer game (production tests ramping up) and there is an issue that occurred a couple of times over the past months:

Someone creates a ticket , other players join and after a few seconds, the ticket is cancelled with CancellationReasonString being set to "Internal"

This time, we unset the build from the queue, re-set the same build again and it fixed the issue.

Could this error occur if we set the queue build too quickly right after build creation?

On a more general note, what kind of info do we have to supplly in order for you to investigate, if this happens in production ? (we would like to write comprehensive operational procedures )

Thanks!

Matchmaking
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi,

What's the title ID? I will take a look at the backend.

>>Could this error occur if we set the queue build too quickly right after build creation?

How quickly is this queue in use after the build is created? For production environment, server build and queue should not be modified in the common scenario.

0 Likes 0 ·
Benjamin Golinvaux avatar image Benjamin Golinvaux Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thanks! It's A143C

It's not really production yet, but I mean that things should work and we are in alpha testing stage with things (almost) ready to scale. This is why we're concerned

It's starting again as I am writing this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Benjamin Golinvaux avatar image Benjamin Golinvaux Benjamin Golinvaux commented ·

Any news on the backend error logs? Since such a 6-hour downtime could be catastrophic post-release, any information on the root cause would be much appreciated.
The EU support didn't see anything bad but perhaps you have access to other tools to inspect the backend?
Sorry maybe I am overreacting but my training is in healthcare imaging IT :) Downtimes make me nervous.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.