question

Omar avatar image
Omar asked

Economy V2 Store Limit, Drop Tables and Custom Data

A) When I try to re-create our store with Economy V2, I get the following error "Item cannot have more than 25 ItemReferences". Our store has way more than 25 items. How am I supposed to handle that?

B) Now that there aren't drop tables, what is the expected way to handle giving a player a random item?

C) What's the alternative to custom data on player inventory item?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

A) If your store has more than 25 items, you can split it into several stores and then combine those stores in the client to display as a big store.

C) Economy V2 doesn’t support to add custom data to the Inventory items, please free to post a feature request for it, and you can store the item’s custom data in the Player Data as an alternative.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 answered

a) For what reason are you using 25+ item references? And when does the error occur?

b) Cloudscript. Most people were doing that anyway (drop tables had their issues).

c) There is none...

10 |1200

Paul Pacheco avatar image
Paul Pacheco answered

I added a feature request for custom data.

10 |1200

Paul Pacheco avatar image
Paul Pacheco answered

I am also being hit by both the 25 item per store limit, and no item custom data.

For the store limit, I decided I will just have small stores, but I will update my store daily so that the items rotate. That means today you see an item, and tomorrow you might see a different item. I figure that might provide an incentive for users to check the store regularly.

For item custom data, I am considering abusing the stackid to encode item data. For example:

"Item": {        
	"Id": "Sword",        
	"StackId": "slot_1_FFEEAA"    
},

So that would mean a sword with the color #FFEEAA in the first slot of my inventory.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.