question

glen avatar image
glen asked

Plans for more social features?

Are there plans to expand on social features? Not in regards to social platforms like Facebook, Game Center, etc. But rather features which allow a game to build it's own social ecosystem.

For example, I'm working on an online competitive game and would love to be able to implement deeper features around guilds. It would be great to have statistics for groups which can be used in leaderboards. Searching for groups would be another great option and requesting to join a group as an outside user.

As a deeper feature, of our game, I'd like to be able to have something like guild wars (not the game). In this situation guilds would essentially compete against each other with battles occurring between players within each guild. The goal being to gain the most wins over the course of the "guild war".

With the current implementation of groups I don't feel like any of these features are achievable, or at least achievable in a feasible manner. If there are no current plans to expand on these types of social features is it possible to get some of these ideas considered for future implementation?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

To be clear, we don't have a "groups" implementation right now - we have Shared Group Data, which can be used to share data between a small number of users. We have a backlog item for a Guild/Clan/Team system, which we'll be working on as soon as we can (so, to answer the basic question, yes, we definitely want to add more social features over time), though we can't provide a date for that yet, as the work is not currently underway. We aggregate information on what game developers would like to see in our platform a number of ways, from in-person conversations and direct support tickets, to our Feature Requests forum area. We use that as one of our key inputs in determining what features we should be working on next, as we do our planning.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

glen avatar image glen commented ·

Ok, thanks for the info. Guilds are one of the big things I'd like to see from Playfab, so nudge nudge :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.