question

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 asked

Economy v2 feedback

Dashboard speed

The economy v2 pages are quite slow and have to load for several seconds each time I do something. On some occasions it takes 10 seconds.

So sloow..

That is with an empty catalog btw.

"Items must have a Content Type"

I'm able to create items without a content type.

Catalog item: Entity Type

There's a dropdown menu that doesn't work. I'd expect it to be greyed out.

Catalog item: Friendly ID

It is unclear what this is.

Catalog item: Keywords

Requires an example how the format has to be used.

Catalog item: Description

Catalog item: Display Properties

Catalog item: Display Version

Stacks

The documention mentions stackable items, but an item doesn't have any option for stackable or unique.

Containers

Do bundles open immediately or can I create bundles that open upon interaction, e.g. a treasure chest?

Store

Does every item/bundle require a store entry now?

The first time I created a store I was only able to add one item. Only the second store was able to contain multiple items.

Store: Limited purchases

Does the new store support limited purchases? For example every player can buy this item only once per day, like pretty much all modern mobiel games do.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Derek Reese avatar image
Derek Reese answered

Thank you for the feedback! I have passed the information back to the dev team.

I'm able to create items without a content type.

This was made optional just before release, so the docs will be updated to reflect that soon.

Catalog item: Entity Type There's a dropdown menu that doesn't work. I'd expect it to be greyed out.

It should be - could you post a screenshot along with your TitleID so we can try to reproduce the problem?

Catalog item: Friendly ID It is unclear what this is.
This is a convenience machine name you can use to make your code easier to read.

Catalog item: Keywords Requires an example how the format has to be used.

Agreed!

Stacks The documention mentions stackable items, but an item doesn't have any option for stackable or unique.

This is done via stack ID's. Create a unique stack ID to make the item unique. Inventory Stacks - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

Containers Do bundles open immediately or can I create bundles that open upon interaction, e.g. a treasure chest?

This is entirely up to the game client! You can manipulate bundles and item grants however you like. Many games use Azure Functions to automate grants/unlocks.

Store Does every item/bundle require a store entry now?

No, items have prices on their own. But that is the easiest way to group and override default item prices.

The first time I created a store I was only able to add one item. Only the second store was able to contain multiple items.

Wow, that's a new one! Could you please add a reply with reproduction steps here? More information? Title ID? These will help the devs figure out what's wrong.

Store: Limited purchases Does the new store support limited purchases? For example every player can buy this item only once per day, like pretty much all modern mobiel games do.

We found most users were using their own custom logic in an Azure Function Cloudscript instead of the rigid PlayFab implementation, so that's our recommended route for v2. It might be worth doing a tutorial if enough people want to see an example implementation.

Much appreciated!

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 commented ·

My guess is that it's meant to be greyed out. Title 16F0F.

Ah, Friendly ID as in Item Name. I thought I could add other devs here. Maybe name it "Friendly ID (Item Name)"?

So I have to open each bundle and it's not done automatically? Bundles v1 had mandatory options, that's why I'm asking.

Title see above. All I did was to create my first store, I added one item and then saved the store. Now I can't add more items and the whole item is not interactive.

Second store works fine.

1 Like 1 ·
Derek Reese avatar image Derek Reese drallcom3 commented ·

> My guess is that it's meant to be greyed out. Title 16F0F.
Ah - that is the "greyed out" styling. I can see how it's not obvious though. I'll ask about a stopgap solution to hold over until the next UI refresh.

> So I have to open each bundle and it's not done automatically? Bundles v1 had mandatory options, that's why I'm asking

Sort of: we now support batch operations, which lets you choose how you want to open and use the bundle for each player. Where you might use the AddInventoryItems API call on the bundle to add the items, you could also query the bundle and loop through adding each item in a batch operation. Add Items: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/economy/inventory/add-inventory-items Batch Operations: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/economy/inventory/execute-inventory-operations

> Now I can't add more items and the whole item is not interactive.
The "Edit draft item" button is at the bottom of "View Store" screen. I can see how that's easy to miss and we'll look at ways to make the editing experience more intuitive as we move towards General Availability.

0 Likes 0 ·

There are greyed out dropdowns on the same page. Maybe the style of that one is set incorrectly.

Ok, I now know what's going on with the store. A published store shows "Edit draft", even though it's not a draft. Once you know it you can use the store correctly, but it's really confusing.

This should say "Edit item" or so.

Also the filter for Pusblished/Draft shows all published stores/items as drafts. I'd expect the filter to exclude them.

I figure that behind the scenes all published stores are also still drafts, but it's confusing for the user. Published and Draft should be exclusive.

0 Likes 0 ·
drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 answered

More:

Store: Store price

The dropdown menu for the currency show the GUID for the currency, not the name. It has to show the name.

Store: Real money

How do I purchase something for real money in the store? It's not available as a currency.

Documentation: Getting Started with Economy Unity and Android

It is titled economy v2, but the content uses economy v1.

1 comment
10 |1200

Derek Reese avatar image Derek Reese commented ·

> Store: Store price The dropdown menu for the currency show the GUID for the currency, not the name. It has to show the name.

You need to fill in the "Friendly ID" for the currency to have it populate ID fields with something other than the GUID.

> Store: Real money How do I purchase something for real money in the store? It's not available as a currency.

If you're using the Microsoft Store, there's a whole guide to getting set up here: Enable in-app purchases of apps and add-ons - Microsoft Store | Microsoft Docs
We typically recommend selling virtual currency over individual items for Real Money. To store prices on PlayFab, use DisplayProperties: Economy v2 Catalog Content Types, Tags, & Properties - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

For other platforms, you'll want to follow their guides. Once the purchase is complete, use Receipt Validation to verify the purchase with PlayFab: Fraud prevention, redemption, receipt validation - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

> Documentation: Getting Started with Economy Unity and Android

The SDK release happened this morning so you should see this updated soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
Greggory Addison avatar image
Greggory Addison answered

You could use json to quickly type out all of your items. Just create a catalog then download it as a json once you're done editing upload it as a json

4 comments
10 |1200

v2 doesn't have the JSON export anymore.

1 Like 1 ·
Greggory Addison avatar image Greggory Addison drallcom3 commented ·

Oh wow thats actually trash.lol I'm still using V1. What are the perks of V2?

0 Likes 0 ·
drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 Greggory Addison commented ·

Pro

• Much bigger player inventory (humongeous upon request)
  • Unlimited number of currencies
  • Basically unlimited items in the catalog
  • Players can create new items if desired
  • Safe custom item operations

Con

• Extremely slow dashboard
  • Clunky item management
  • Some things aren't intuitive
  • Documentation is still lacking (but after forcing yourself to suffer through it for a few hours it's basically a non-issue)

Neutral

• Some things that no serious dev used anyway got removed, like energy recharge, start values.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.