question

eric@begoodi.fr avatar image
eric@begoodi.fr asked

Discussion about Cloud scripts management

I'm currently testing Playful environment to determine if it can suits my needs.

One thing weird if the way to write and maintain scripts.

Each time I want to test a modification I have to modify my script, check in in GIT, wait for the new revision to appear on PlayFab, and then test.

If there is a small error in the script, syntax, etc. I have to loop again. It seems very painful as revisions will increase to thousands I imagine when scripts will be complex.

Furthermore, it's very difficult to debug as there is no console where to write some debug infos. The log.debug function is not returned to the client if there is an error, so I'm blind to find errors...

Do you all work like that or do you have (I hope) a more practical way to do ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Please keep an eye on our site for updates to our Cloud Script system, both for script management and debugging. Our tools team is working hard to make some serious improvements in that space. If you have specific recommendations or requests, please feel free to post them to our Feature Requests forum, so that others can help to vote them up, as well.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar answered

Hi Eric, unfortunately there is no other way around. Hopefully you will not end up like me seeing 'undefined' in your nightmares.

I suggest you log to TitleData temporarily.

I'm preparing a CloudScript for Photon webhooks that can work with any type of game. It is not fully tested yet and may contain bugs that I'm struggling to fix.

Here you go.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.