question

Gerald Phillips avatar image
Gerald Phillips asked

Setting Contact Email

I'm getting a successful callback when setting user contact email, but when I check the players profile online it is always blank. I'm using Unity, and during debug process i can see that "email" in the request is not empty, it shows the correct address. Players will not be able to verify their account without this, correct?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

>> when I check the players profile online it is always blank

Is it blank is the Game Manager or in the API response? If it is blank in the Game Manager, please provide a screenshot for our research. If it is blank in the API response, please tell us which API you are using and what is the request? You can also check the Data Explorer to see if the event player_updated_contact_email - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs has been generated.

>> Players will not be able to verify their account without this, correct?

Contact email is not used for verifying player’s accounts, if you mean verifying their email, have you followed Using a Rule to Verify a Contact Email Address - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to set up contact email? If so, you can check your test account’s email box to see if you can verify the email. Also, event sent_email - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs should be generated in the Data Explorer if the workflow has been set up correctly.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gerald Phillips avatar image Gerald Phillips commented ·

Hi Gosen,

The data field for "Contact Email" on the Title Player account was blank in the game manager, but was showing correctly in the client side and API responses. I deleted all of the test player accounts that I created and do not have that data at the moment. Of course, since the time you have replied it seems to have resolved itself. I have since re-wrote how this is handled client side and now it seems to be working.

Yes, I have setup a rule that triggers a "verify email" email to be sent to the user. I was trying to take the sign-in email after a user registers a new account and store it as their contact email to automagically trigger the verification email to be sent. I was concerned for in the case that a player signs up with a fake email address, and determining how to best handle it.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Gerald Phillips commented ·

I'm glad to hear that it works now. If you have any issue, please feel free to post a new thread for it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.