question

Mr Slo avatar image
Mr Slo asked

Using Playfab Functions in Webapps

Currently all guides for playfab functions uses Azure Functions.

We have a requirement to use standard webapps for this integration but i could not see any guides for how to implement this layer outside functions. (e.g request format, response expected format etc)

Does anyone knows this formats or have any examples on this ?

I wrote an endpoint that returns the exact same object in an azure function and/or in a web app. It works on Azure Function but on web app playfab returns an empty response.

Thanks !

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

I don’t quite understand your issue. If you want to implement an endpoint that is similar to the Azure Function, then you don’t need to concern about the format of the request or response, as you cannot execute it with the current ExecuteFunction API workflow. You need to call your endpoint via HTTP request. If I misunderstood, please describe your needs in detail.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mr Slo avatar image Mr Slo commented ·

I managed to make this. "as you cannot execute it with the current ExecuteFunction API workflow" that is not true.

You can do the "ExecuteFunction API workflow" with any HTTP handler, not only azure functions. The question was about the data format as that is not documented anywhere.

But managed to extract that data format by debugging calls and implementing a function handler in a standard webapp.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.