question

Carradine avatar image
Carradine asked

Conflict With Multiplayer Initialization with XBoxLive SDK in Unity

I have run into a strange problem when attempting to test the LoginWithXBox() functionality in Unity. I have the XBox GDK installed in unity, and I am testing it with their "sign-in" Unity example. My test app runs fine when in the Unity editor, however, the following code in PFMultiplayerCommon.cs gets called when calling the PFMultiplayerInitialize() method:

const int XBOX_E_MULTIPLAYER_API_ALREADY_INITIALIZED = unchecked((int)0x89236401);
                    if (err == XBOX_E_MULTIPLAYER_API_ALREADY_INITIALIZED)
                    {

Methods.PFMultiplayerUninitialize(null);
                        err = Methods.PFMultiplayerInitialize(
                            titlePtr.Pointer,
                            &interopUserHandle);
                    }

Again, this works fine when testing and running in the Unity Editor. However, when running the program in release, the PlayFab network calls freeze when it calls PFMultiplayerInitialize() because the handle is lost and set to null.

The strange issue is, however, that this happens even when I don't attempt to log into XBox Live, or call any Methods to initialize it. Apparently the SDK files are possibly creating a multiplayer instance that is conflicting with the PlayFab instance?

I am just at a complete loss here. I remove all the XBox Live code and the GDK files and everything works fine again. I just cant figure out how these two Multiplayer instances are conflicting with each other and how to solve it, even when I don't log in to XBox Live, or call any XBox Live code when the program runs

Thanks for any help!

apisunity3d
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Carradine avatar image Carradine commented ·

UPDATE: The issue occurs when I Install the Unity Microsoft GDKs, and I enable the MICROSOFT_GAME_CORE define. I removed all XBox related code from my project and this occurs due to the GDKs themselves. I do not call any Methods from the GDKs themselves.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

According to the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) of different Platforms, any questions on NDA products(XBox) cannot be discussed on public forums. Please submit a support ticket, so we can connect you with an NDA agent who can help you with your question.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.