question

subhamb avatar image
subhamb asked

"Unhealhy" status showing after deployment of linux container server build on Playfab Multiplayer Server

I am implementing server authoritative features in my multiplayer PvP game with Mirror which requires Playfab Multiplayer Servers to host my game.

I have created Linux container server build and did the testing locally with the "PlayfabMultiplayerAgent". It worked fine and server is showing "Active" status.

But when I deployed this build on Playfab Multiplayer Servers with the help of Docker then the build status is showing "Unhealthy". I tried to debug the server build by checking the logs from the archived servers but it's showing empty text file named "PF_ConsoleLogs". So it is very hard to debug the issue. Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since your server build worked fine during the local debugging but deployed with “Unhealthy” status, could you please provide screenshots of your build configuration and the local debugging settings for us to research.

13 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

subhamb avatar image subhamb subhamb commented ·

I am not sure on what you need here from my end. Can you please specify in detail what exactly do you need? I am providing details below which I think you might need to help me. I have created Linux build with the unity 2021.3.3f1 and created Linux container image with the help of docker. I am using LocalMultiplayerAgent to test this Linux container locally. I have attached some screenshots to help you regarding the same. Also, my playfab project ID is "508C4".

0 Likes 0 ·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios subhamb commented ·

Are you telling Unity to send the logs to standard output? Maybe something like this will help MpsSamples/UnityMirror at main PlayFab/MpsSamples (github.com)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
subhamb avatar image subhamb commented ·

It's been four days but still didn't get proper feedback from PlayFab. Can you please help me with this? There are other people as well like Ruben who are facing the same issue. Any help with this issue will be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha subhamb commented ·

I see the Linux image in your deployed build is different from the image you test locally. Have you test the image in your deployed build? And, the port protocol is different, one is UDP another is TCP. Could you fix this difference and try again?

In addition, since you mention you have tried our sample and couldn't work either, could you please provide screenshots of your build configuration and the local debugging settings for us to research.

0 Likes 0 ·
subhamb avatar image subhamb Xiao Zha commented ·

I tried it but I still got the same issue. I have deployed entirely new linux build right now. It is a build of the sample that PlayFab is providing named "UnityMirror" in the following link.

MpsSamples/UnityMirror/UnityServer at main PlayFab/MpsSamples GitHub

I tested this sample locally with the LocalMultiplayerAgent tool and it worked fine. It's showing that server is in active state but when I deploy this build on PlayFab then the build status is always showing "Unhealthy" and no logs are generating from the server. So I can not not debug this issue. I have attached build configuration and local debugging settings as you have requested.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Sorry for the late reply. We are trying to reproduce your issue. Could you please provide your local test output of our Mirror sample ( which contain the different status of your server build like StandingBy , Active etc.) for us to research, and are you using the newest version of the Mirror sample for local test?

0 Likes 0 ·
subhamb avatar image subhamb Xiao Zha commented ·

I have attached screenshots of my local test output below. Also, I have used the same version of Mirror as provided in the original demo. I have also created another demo in which I upgraded the Mirror package to the latest one but I am having the same issue in both of them.

0 Likes 0 ·
screenshot-1.png (158.0 KiB)
screenshot-2.png (169.1 KiB)
Show more comments

The Mirror Sample works fine in my test. You can try add a File Path in the DockerFile like:

CMD ["/game/UnityServer.x86_64", "-nographics", "-batchmode", "-logfile","/GameLogs/UnityEditor.log"]

, then rebuild your container image and push again, then use the new image to launch a new build, then access the VM with SSH command, then use sudo docker ps command to get the container id, then use the sudo docker exec -it --user root <container id> /bin/bash command to get into the container, then cd to the root directory, then use ls -l command to list all files under root directory, if the GameLogs Folder exists, the UnityEditor.log should be in the folder, and all the logs are in the UnityEditor.log. You can check the log to see where the problem is.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.