question

Patrik Bertilsson avatar image
Patrik Bertilsson asked

Turnbased game data storage? Fileupload not reliable!

Hey,

So I have a turn based game and have a question about where to store my data.

1. I use Shared Group Data for the game data

2. I store a ID to the shared group data in tile data

3. When the game ends I serialize the data and store it in player-refs and as an entity file.

The problem I am facing is that Unity Web Request is struggling and slow on iOS devices expecially when the file gets bigger and needs to upload / sync.

In a perfect world I would call a could script that adds the data to the file (I cant do this as cloud script cant access entity files). Was thinking maybe I can use Entity Objects instead but they have a size and amount limit. Is it crazy expensive to have 100-200 entity objects? (current limit is 3 I think)

Fileupload is just very unstable and fails often. Any suggestions?

I have used playfab for mobile for some years and it has always worked as expected but seems like lately there has been more problems with it. More exactly in regards to mobile (long calls, SDK issues, heating on device, random errors).

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Patrik

Player DataentitiesShared Group Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since you mention you may have 100-200 Objects which size is 100-200k, you can use Player Data (which limit is 300k per key) to store the data you want. As for Entity Objects, it is designed for small data. So, for larger data, the Entity File is more recommended. And if you want to increase the number and size of entity objects, you may refer to: Increase Entity Object Size and/or Count - Playfab Community

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Patrik Bertilsson avatar image Patrik Bertilsson commented ·

Thank you @Xiao Zha for the reply.
So to clarify, it is possible to have 1000+ entries in Player Data with a data size of max 300k per entry?
As stats and win history is based on this it's important it dose not suddenly stop.

Cheers,

Patrik

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Patrik Bertilsson commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.