question

Phillip Heckinger avatar image
Phillip Heckinger asked

Playfab Party data recieve speed limit?

I am testing out Playfab Party data send systems. It appears I can upload data without much of a speed limit (I tested up to 10mb/s for fun), but the download to users caps out between 250k/s and 300k/s. When a large amount is uploaded, it appears to cache on a server and download slowly.
This limit appears the same for connections between USA, Canada, and Germany so likely its universal?

Does anyone know if this is an internal limit to Playfab Party, or should I look at our code to improve the download?

WHY would I need so much data download speed?
We need to send save files before a game can start and once in a while during a game we need to send a large buffer. I am investigating the extents of the tech before we get to far into bed with it.
We dont need large data volumes regularly, just in a few situations.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha commented ·

What do you mean by "We need to send save files before a game can start and once in a while during a game we need to send a large buffer."? It seems you want to implement a peer-to-peer game. If so, you may refer to Using direct peer-to-peer connections - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. In this case, the data download will only be affected by the local network.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phillip Heckinger avatar image Phillip Heckinger Xiao Zha commented ·

Thanks for responding. We need to send some data blobs before and during a game. For security reasons we are not using the p2p system. Right now we are just investigating if there is a known download speed limit on the datagrams connections or if we are running into a different issue. Speed limits dont appear to be part of the documentation or sales pitch, so I was hoping to get an answer from the playfab team on how their servers/relays act.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.