question

Elliot DeMatteis avatar image
Elliot DeMatteis asked

Which Azure Data Explorer regions are valid?

I am trying to set up a data connection to export data to an Azure Data Explorer. I need to do this because the insights.playfab.com cluster does not seem to support custom permissions or cross-cluster queries.

I created a new ADX cluster in West US and received this error "The provided event sink is in an invalid region."

I could not find any docs that state which regions are supported, would appreciate any help!

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Elliot DeMatteis avatar image Elliot DeMatteis commented ·

I just tried East US as well and that gave me the same error. It takes a long time to provision regions so finding this out myself is going to take quite a bit of time. Adding this to the docs would save the next person a lot of time.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Elliot DeMatteis avatar image
Elliot DeMatteis answered

I found an old blong that mentioned westus2 for when the blob storage integration was added. I tried that region and it worked!

I made an issue to update the docs ADX Data Connection page does not reference valid regions. Issue #349 MicrosoftDocs/playfab-docs (github.com)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Thank you for your report. Our document may not be quite clear about this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.