question

mooldi avatar image
mooldi asked

10 items per request are u serious, what about people who make actual games ?

even when i try to make separate requests the second one doesn't get accepted what is that ? are u serious ?

apis
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mooldi avatar image mooldi commented ·

I've been making this game for quite a time now and as i remember when i started with this service in your website you put a larger limit, for that reason i choose your service, and for quite a while it was amazing, now i start getting weird errors and not only no proper response from your server but also a real handicap 10 items per request !!! are u serious !!! what game have 10 items for each player except FLAPPY BIRD. my point is this not a very honest way to make the developers start working with your service and promising them haven, then comeup with such limitations. i'm in a very advanced state in my game check it you have access look my catalogitem and store and player data !! i need more space to work on my game, i really don't mind the limitation what i'm simply asking for is to keep your word on what you promised when i first start here :/ sadly

0 Likes 0 ·

I've been making this game for quite a time now and as i remember when i started with this service in your website you put a larger limit, for that reason i choose your service, and for quite a while it was amazing, now i start getting weird errors and not only no proper response from your server but also a real handicap 10 items per request !!! are u serious !!! what game have 10 items for each player except FLAPPY BIRD. my point is this not a very honest way to make the developers start working with your service and promising them haven, then comeup with such limitations. i'm in a very advanced state in my game check it you have access look my catalogitem and store and player data !! i need more space to work on my game, i really don't mind the limitation what i'm simply asking for is to keep your word on what you promised when i first start here :/ sadly

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, we have hundreds of live games using the service within the limits. Those limits were defined in order to ensure that we can continue to provide an inexpensive - free where possible - service for everyone, which is reliable and can scale to support any number of users. We actually had the same limits from the start, it's just that added monitoring and enforcement over time, to help make sure there couldn't be issues due to a title with bugs. Before, when a title was doing something that wasn't sustainable long-term, we reached out and worked with the developers 1-on-1, which wasn't scalable to thousands of developers, such as we have now.

If you want to open a ticket with us and describe your game's behavior and your specific scenario in more detail, I'm sure we can help you to architect a solution that will work within the limits defined by the service.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks how much do i have to wait for the next request to be accepted by the server ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan mooldi commented ·

Rate limiting prevents titles from hitting the service with too many requests per player - there's "burst" rate limiting (to prevent an issue where a title is sending many calls in a short period - usually due to a bug) and overall rate limiting (to prevent using an excessive amount of resources). So rather than say something like "wait at least a second after your first call", which may not be accurate over the long haul, the best thing to do is to talk through your overall usage patterns and see how they can be optimized. For example, we have many "clicker" style of games. In those, your account balance is changing from second to second - but they don't constantly send updates to the service for every change, as that would be far too expensive to be sustainable. Instead, they save whenever something "key" happens (achieving a longer-term goal), making sure to save at least every couple of minutes even if nothing "key" happens. I'll follow-up with you in the ticket you've opened, so that we can discuss your implementation details privately.

0 Likes 0 ·
mooldi avatar image mooldi brendan commented ·

Thanks i sent you all the required information and pictures in my ticket i hope we can solve this, i honestly think this is very bad for me i invested a great deal of time and architecture around playfab i cusomized the catalogitems<T> with different types that i use for my game the whole saving to server is concentrated around playfab architecture see u soon in the ticket :) and thank

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.