question

main avatar image
main asked

Characters

How can I make it so when a player buys a "skin", it gets added to their inventor, then they can view their inventory and select that skin as their active skin. and then how do I make it so when they equip their active skin it changes the skin in game.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

>>when a player buys a "skin", it gets added to their inventor

If you are talking about virtual currency purchases, you can use PurchaseItem, refer to Economy quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. If you are talking about real money purchases, you can refer to Getting started with PlayFab, Unity IAP, and Android - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs and Non-Receipt Payment Processing - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

>>they can view their inventory

You can get the player's item list via GetUserInventory.

>>select that skin as their active skin. and then how do I make it so when they equip their active skin it changes the skin in game.

You need to achieve selection logic yourself on your client, and then you can store the current selected skin to Player Data, refer to Quickstart Player Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.