question

Ayrton Olvera avatar image
Ayrton Olvera asked

Failure in login: ServiceUnavailable?

Hello!

Some of my UE4 clients could not successfully login with their steam accounts, the logs indicate this:

Unexpected HTTP status from Steam WebAPI GetPlayerSummaries: ServiceUnavailable

Also some of the clients can login successfully but when pinging the regions, EastUS and NorthEU, they get very high pings from 3000 to 4000 and the matchmaking ticket is not created.

Is the PlayFabClientAPI is having issues or responses with high latencies?

I've been monitoring PlayFab Status page but it does not report any of this.

Thanks in advance!

unrealdataMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

>> Some of my UE4 clients could not successfully login with their steam accounts, the logs indicate this: Unexpected HTTP status from Steam WebAPI GetPlayerSummaries: ServiceUnavailable.

I assume that is an error generated by LoginWithSteam API. I’ve found some info on Steam Status and Steam down? Current network status and problems | Downdetector. It shows that there is an outage on 8-10, so this issue may be related to it. Does this issue still persist?

>> Also some of the clients can login successfully but when pinging the regions, EastUS and NorthEU, they get very high pings from 3000 to 4000 and the matchmaking ticket is not created.

Does the latency you mention is the latency between players and Multiplayer Servers(MPS)? If so, since MPS supports to deploy server in different regions, you can choose low-latency regions for players based on their location. Just in case, you can refer to Quality-of-service (QoS) beacons to measure player latency to Azure - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. And we need more info to investigate the issue that matchmaking ticket is not created, what is the error message when the Matchmaking Ticket was not created successfully?

>> Is the PlayFabClientAPI is having issues or responses with high latencies?

Currently, PlayFabClientAPI doesn’t have any issue. If you are encountering the high latency with PlayFabClientAPI, you can refer to latency is high,Send the API, and the latency is high - Playfab Community.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.