question

anatoliec avatar image
anatoliec asked

How to get payd user (who spend real RM) ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That is literally the million dollar question, isn't it? :)

There are many articles and books on both player acquisition and monetization such as this one, talking about the book Free 2 Play (http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/03/top-five-tips-for-making-money-from-free-to-play-games/).

As a base, acquiring players comes down to marketing - both the (relatively) free kind, building up your community through word of mouth, and the paid kind, with ads. Depending on the specifics of your game, your options are going to vary quite a lot:

• Is it a Steam game? Are you doing a Kickstarter campaign? In both cases, it's important that you be active on your game's page, updating it with fresh information, being involved in discussions with your community, etc.
  • Is it a mobile game? Who are you working with on the platform team? If you have a strong relationship with them, it may be easier to get your title in front of the right people, to be considered for a feature.
  • Is it a web game? Are you working with one of the major web game sites, like Kongregate?
  • Do you have a publisher? They'll also have marketing channels you can take advantage of, generally.

Since it sounds like you mean this is a free-to-play game though, don't discount the value of your non-paying users (who will almost certainly be the majority). Having a player who loves your game, and who is also very social - or even someone with an audience on YouTube, etc. - can be as valuable (and sometimes even more valuable) than a customer who buys an item or two in your game.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

anatoliec avatar image anatoliec commented ·

))), i confuse you, i mean how to get from API Purchases list, now i can get only Inventory(in inventory i canot see RM purchases)

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan anatoliec commented ·

Ah, I see - that a much simpler question. You can get reports on top spenders via the GetDataReport API call. You can also define segments in PlayStream based upon the LTD value of players, using the "Total value to date in USD" filter parameter.

0 Likes 0 ·
anatoliec avatar image anatoliec commented ·

tnx, i will use segments

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.