question

ccastro avatar image
ccastro asked

The type or namespace name `ClientModels' does not exist in the namespace `PlayFab'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Hi:

I'm using Unity 5.3.4f1 and the last version of the sdk.

I create my project on my work computer and versionated it with git, when i pull the project on another computer the error appears and the playfab windows and menu disappear.

I try reimport all, and reinstall the sdk, and port it on a external hard drive, but nothing work.

I aprecciate any help on this topic

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Since we do automated testing on all SDKs prior to release, I can definitely assure you that there aren't missing files. When you see this message, your best bet is to do what it sounds like you did - start a fresh project, install the PlayFab SDK following the steps in the readme, then add your game's files. If you're still getting the issue after that, can you provide the specific steps in your repro? Step by step, how did you set up your project, install PlayFab, and add your files?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

reizonapps avatar image reizonapps commented ·

I followed the required steps but getting same error no matter what I do. I started a new project, imported PlayfabEditorExtensions.unitypackage, got the latest sdk, logged in, created playfabManager.cs and got error importing Playfab.clientModels. Is there anyway to check this?

0 Likes 0 ·
reizonapps avatar image reizonapps reizonapps commented ·

@Brendan Let me know when you read this. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan reizonapps commented ·

The tools team has managed to reproduce the issue, and is working on a fix. In the meantime, if you go into the editor extensions and enable the API set in question, the models will be loaded in your project.

0 Likes 0 ·
kabumere avatar image
kabumere answered

Hey ccastro,

I encountered this issue as well after setting up my project to be version controlled with git, too.

I followed Unity's docs which told me, among other things, to delete the Library folder in my project before version controlling it.

What I did to fix the issue of ClientModels not being found was to open the PlayFab extension tab in Unity, go to the API tab, and check off 'Enable Client API'. I think in going through the process for using Git, we somehow wiped PlayFab's default settings.

I'm not sure what other default settings we probably changed but this at least fixes that issue. I guess we'll find out if anything else changed when we get to it!

10 |1200

Jorge Ramirez avatar image
Jorge Ramirez answered

Yeah, I had the same situation, but in my case I had to Enable client API, that enables me Playfab.ClientModels. I suppose it was a step i didn't read.
Thanks!

1 comment
10 |1200

rainerlonau avatar image rainerlonau commented ·

That solved my problem as well. Enable client API.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Brown avatar image
Thomas Brown answered

I'm also getting this issue I'm on version 5.5.1f1.

Although i haven't used git on the project just yet. I'm using the PlayFab Editor Extensions.

Thanks in advance!

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Can you clarify what steps you've taken with your project (clean install, making sure Enable Client API has been selected, etc.)?

0 Likes 0 ·
Good Guy avatar image
Good Guy answered

Click Enable Client API on OR off, depending on how you have it already. This triggers script compilation. Then set Client API back on if you need it on.

10 |1200

Sweekar Khadka avatar image
Sweekar Khadka answered

Thanks all, For me it was just to turn OFF the "Enable Client API" and Turn it ON again.

sfsdf

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.