question

Nathan Marques avatar image
Nathan Marques asked

REST API when a client leaves a lobby, the lobby gets ignored by FindLobbies request.

Hello,

We are developing an application for Meta Quest 2 (Android) and want to use the PlayFab lobby system. As far as I know, the PlayFab Multiplayer SDK is not supported on Android, so we are using the REST API.

I am able to successfully create a lobby an accept client users into it. But once a client user leaves the lobby (by using the LeaveLobby endpoint), that lobby no longer turns up in a FindLobbies request result.

If the lobby owner who at that point remains in the lobby does a GetLobby request, I get the following results:

{
   "code":200,
   "status":"OK",
   "data":{
      "Lobby":{
         "LobbyId":"7b264c00-2647-4f65-87db-eec41ea6a03b",
         "ChangeNumber":2,
         "MaxPlayers":3,
         "Owner":{
            "Id":"C52ED864E699666E",
            "Type":"title_player_account",
            "TypeString":"title_player_account"
         },
         "UseConnections":true,
         "OwnerMigrationPolicy":"Automatic",
         "AccessPolicy":"Public",
         "MembershipLock":"Unlocked",
         "ConnectionString":"cv1:7b264c00-2647-4f65-87db-eec41ea6a03b|973652|kv1|cv1:k16dYnwCupRudC0kwjRb3Hp25Yi7qycQwAcwK87pZic=",
         "SearchData":{
            "string_key1":"Nathan"
         },
         "Members":[
            {
               "MemberEntity":{
                  "Id":"C52ED864E699666E",
                  "Type":"title_player_account",
                  "TypeString":"title_player_account"
               },
               "PubSubConnectionHandle":""
            }
         ]
      }
   }
}

I am not using any filters on the FindLobbies request.

Any idea on why this is happening?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Nathan Marques avatar image
Nathan Marques answered

Some extra information we found out:
This issue happens when the UseConnections property on the lobby is set to true, not when it is set to false, but when testing with three or more players, even when one of the client users leaves the lobby, no other users can find this lobby anymore.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Thank you for the information, I will do some test and try to reproduce this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.