question

Komodo Legends Developer avatar image
Komodo Legends Developer asked

Server on SEA sometimes suffered from unstable connection

I have a server uploaded to SEA region. Sometimes the connection is unstable causing 1-2 players to get kicked in the middle of the game. As I haven't implement a reconnect feature yet as the game is still in development, this becomes a problem when testing the game. Sometimes the connection gets so bad, a player gets kicked from the game even before joining the game (the player object for kicked players gets created but will do nothing as the controller is not in the game anymore). What would be the cause of the problem? I have implemented interest management for the game, so bandwidth shouldn't be an issue.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Do you have reference Quality-of-service (QoS) beacons to measure player latency to Azure - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to test player latency to Azure? PlayFab MPS supports deploying servers to multiple Azure regions. Selecting servers in the corresponding regions for players in different regions can reduce latency and disconnection.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Komodo Legends Developer avatar image Komodo Legends Developer commented ·

I've read the docs and it is used to measure UDP transport's latency but what if I use TCP transport? I use TCP because my game relies heavily on data so I need my RPCs to be ordered.

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang Komodo Legends Developer commented ·

In actual tests, the latency of UDP and TCP is not much different, so you can use UDP to test and make sure the latency is at a small value.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.