question

anudeep avatar image
anudeep asked

Linking and Unlinking Device ID with Recoverable accounts (Email and Password)

So i was able to successfully add email and password to a guest account. However now the expected scenario is, when I select to use the guest authentication from the same device, I am logging into the account that is linked to the device Id, which is also the account that has an email and password ( which I m not having to enter), so the entire reason for having a password is gone.

So I m left with one option now, that is to Unlink the device Id as soon as the email and password is successfully added. Or is there any other way?

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Adding email and password to a guest account doesn’t mean that they have to enter Password to login, they can still login with the original method you provide. The reason why we recommend adding a recoverable login method for anonymous account is that it provides player with multiple authentication methods so that they can choose to login with Email and Password in case they change the device or cannot login with Device ID. For the account that already add email and password, it is common to continue using the Device ID to login, which make the login process smoother. But you should also provide an option to let player login with Email and password.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

anudeep avatar image anudeep commented ·

So by that you mean when the player selects Remember Me, the device gets linked to the account they logged into using email and password and once they log out, we unlink the device id?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao anudeep commented ·

If the "log out" means that the player is no longer using the account on this device, then you can unlink the device ID.

0 Likes 0 ·
dbubalo1987 avatar image dbubalo1987 Gosen Gao commented ·

But isn‘t this totally insecure, since someone who has a linked Device can sell his phone, and if the other guy installs the game he would have access to the account and in the worst scenario case have access to personal information or purchases of the other player even if he doesn‘t know his E-Mail + Password?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.