question

Emre ACAR avatar image
Emre ACAR asked

How can I use my own dedicated server?

Hello. I am making a multiplayer mobile game with using photon bolt and playfab.I would like to use my own server instead of playfab server. How can I do that? I have been searching this for days but I couldn't find anything useful. Links like https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/custom-game-servers are broken. I know there is settings for external servers but what to do next after activating "Use external game server provider" settings.

photonCustom Game Serversmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

For clarification, we don’t provide this feature to users that haven’t used the “externally hosted game servers” before. Its documentation is deprecated and no longer makes sense to inexperienced users of this feature. Currently, with the new Multiplayer Servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, we don’t provide the service to handle the external servers. To use your own dedicated server, there is nothing need to be configured with PlayFab, you should connect to your server with the Ip address and Port directly.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Baraa avatar image
Baraa answered

for me I am using UE4 my answer is for this engine

you should look for two things

something called dedicated-server this will run on your server(machune) as UE4 server

this will host a session that you create and users are going to join this session via IP address of your server

with the command open IP:port:team

exm:10.10.20.30:5555

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.