question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Trouble using GetAccountInfo

Question from a developer:

I get error code 1001 if I use TitleDisplayName as the parameter, even that TitleDisplayName exists.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The issue is that you have turned on non-unique Title Display Names. Once that is enabled, lookup by Title Display Name is no longer valid, as the value is not unique. I'll get the tooltip on that page updated to reflect this.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jonas Johnsson avatar image Jonas Johnsson commented ·
  1. yes, please
0 Likes 0 ·

Oh no really :( That's not good, we already turned it on before we had this information, and now it's not possible to turn it off again.

Would it be possible for you to turn it off for us?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jonas Johnsson commented ·

Sorry, but as the tooltip says, it's a one-way change as the work to de-dupe accounts isn't something we can afford to take on. The GetAccountInfo call is designed to return a single account based upon a unique identifier, so changing that identifier to be non-unique means that it's no longer valid in that call.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonas Johnsson avatar image Jonas Johnsson brendan commented ·

@Brendan Yes we know that's usually the case and you cannot turn it off again, but we thought you could make an exception this one time, since the lack of information made us turn it on. We would never have done that if we knew it would completely break the whole search function inside the game :(

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'm not able to reproduce that in my own test title. This is on Title ID F475, correct? Is it okay if we create a test user in that title to try to reproduce what you're seeing?

10 |1200

Jonas Johnsson avatar image
Jonas Johnsson answered

yes, please you can create user on that title

10 |1200

Jonas Johnsson avatar image
Jonas Johnsson answered

is anything to do with allowing non-uniq player display name?

3 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Yes, if you look at my answer above (the one you responded to with "1. yes, please.", that is specifically the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes we know that's usually the case and you cannot turn it off again, but we thought you could make an exception this one time, since the lack of information made us turn it on. We would never have done that if we knew it would completely break the whole search function inside the game :(

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jonas Johnsson commented ·

I'm sorry, but that's why there's a warning on that feature - so that developers only turn it on if they absolutely need it. However, it does not break all search functionality - only Title Display Name searches.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.