question

hampusbankler avatar image
hampusbankler asked

Avoid sending PlayStream events from editor

I would prefer to only send PlayStream events when running my actual standalone build. Normally I don't want to send any events when running the game in the Unity editor. For my custom events, it's easy to just #ifdef them. But the built-in events like user_logged_in always fire.

Is there a way to stop all PlayStream events when running the game in the editor?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hampusbankler avatar image hampusbankler commented ·

If not possible to filter editor logins (I guess they might be transparent to you?), I guess I could work around it by always using a dummy user account in the editor, and filter that user in the webhook that forwards the events.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, the core PlayStream events (all the ones generated by calls to the PlayFab service) cannot be turned off, as they're used for multiple purposes. Our recommendation would be to always use a separate Title ID from your live Title ID for testing.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.