question

Lesley N avatar image
Lesley N asked

Inventory items are being auto added once a day

Over the past year while i've been working on my game i've noticed a strange issue happening with the player inventory, everyday the inventory has items being auto added to it and i'm not exactly sure why.

Since i didn't have the items marked as stackable this resulted in anywhere from 500 - 5k entries of the same items over and over again.

I've checked my segments and anything else i could think of that would be auto adding the items but i can't seem to figure out where it's coming from.

I have 2 questions:

1. How to stop the items from being auto added to players inventory

2. How to completely wipe player inventory items using the dashboard (all players or at least one)

Player DataIn-Game EconomyPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

>> How to stop the items from being auto added to players inventory

I can see there is a scheduled task in your title called “Grant Free Unlock Set”, which is running everyday. You can disable or remove this scheduled task and see if the issue still happens.

>>How to completely wipe player inventory items using the dashboard (all players or at least one)

In the Game Manager, there is no single button to revoke all the items granted to the players. You may revoke the items 1 by 1 in the player’s inventory page, which could be lots of work. Or you can write an Azure Function that gets the player’s inventory and revokes those items, then create a scheduled task to run this function against all players.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lesley N avatar image Lesley N commented ·

>> Stop the items from being auto added

No idea how i missed that tab lol thank you!

>>How to completely wipe player inventory

I did write a script for unity that consumes player inventory items one by one with a buff in between, not sure if there's a specific delay necessary in between consume calls but i included one just in case.

However this does only pertain to me or my accounts inventory and not global to all users.

Is there any API calls that allow me to grab all players pertaining to a specific title? Then i can just grab each users inventory and consume the items one by one via script.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ Lesley N commented ·

There is no a single API that can grab all players’ pertaining. As @Rick Chen mentioned, you can write an Azure Function that gets the player’s inventory and revokes those items, then create a scheduled task to run this function against all players.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.