question

emptrixx avatar image
emptrixx asked

Is there a way to get AccountInfo of another Player/Group of Players by Custom ID?,Is there a way to GetAccountInfo By Custom ID?

Hi so basically I'm using Epic Online Services as Relay for my game. Issue is the linking/referencing of Players in game between EOS and PlayFab. EOS assigns a temporary identifier called "ProductUserID" every session so I can use this, but since its temporary I would need to store/write this into PlayFab every user login. I've got that part to work, but problem now is getting the respective AccountInfo from the other Clients. I see the PlayFab.PlayFabClientAPI.GetAccountInfo() which I'm assuming is the method I need to call on the Client that hosts the Lobby so as to retrieve all Lobby member's character names. But in there its only search by username and search by PlayFabId. I've no way to search for CustomID. Is this even possible or do I have to write some script on PlayFab's side e.g CloudScript to be able to do this?

I wish EOS had a permenent identifier which could be used in the transport so I could write to PlayFab only once instead of each time the players login. I could possibly check first if the ID is the same as the current one being stored but that might be using up bandwidth twice the cost?

Another way I see is to sacrifice "username" and use it to store the ProductUserID from EOS Transport but is this advisable?

Hi so basically I'm using Epic Online Services as Relay for my game. Issue is the linking/referencing of Players in game between EOS and PlayFab. EOS assigns a temporary identifier called "ProductUserID" every session so I can use this, but since its temporary I would need to store/write this into PlayFab every user login. I've got that part to work, but problem now is getting the respective AccountInfo from the other Clients. I see the PlayFab.PlayFabClientAPI.GetAccountInfo() which I'm assuming is the method I need to call on the Client that hosts the Lobby so as to retrieve all Lobby member's character names. But in there its only search by username and search by PlayFabId. I've no way to search for CustomID. Is this even possible or do I have to write some script on PlayFab's side e.g CloudScript to be able to do this?

I wish EOS had a permenent identifier which could be used in the transport so I could write to PlayFab only once instead of each time the players login. I could possibly check first if the ID is the same as the current one being stored but that might be using up bandwidth twice the cost?

Another way I see is to sacrifice "username" and use it to store the ProductUserID from EOS Transport but is this advisable?

unity3ddata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The Custom Id is a secret for the players which they can use to login, therefore you cannot use the Custom Id to get other player’s account info. It would be better to pass the PlayFabIds of other players to the host, so that they can use to get other players’ account info.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.