question

csoon0385 avatar image
csoon0385 asked

Can Players have multiple Lobby Subscriptions?

We have a design that I think Playfab's Lobbies and Subscriptions would work well for. My question is, is it possible for a single player to have multiple concurrent lobby subscriptions? Couldn't find this in the documentation.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

By subscription do you mean manual subscription via SubscribeToLobbyResource and SignalR? What we recommend is to use the Lobby and Matchmaking SDK.

There is no explicit limit on the number of manual subscriptions, but players can only join 10 lobby at the same time.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

csoon0385 avatar image csoon0385 commented ·

Thanks, I think your response answers it, but just in case, the idea is that the Player can join multiple "mini" game lobbies at the same time and then leave and wait for the outcomes. We'd like the Player to receive a notification of the outcome once the mini-games completes.

0 Likes 0 ·
Made Wang avatar image Made Wang csoon0385 commented ·

If you say leaving means that the player leaves the lobby through the function provided by the SDK, then the player should no longer receive information about the lobby. And the lobby does not monitor the state of the game, the result notification after the game is over should be done by your custom server.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.