question

Patrik Bertilsson avatar image
Patrik Bertilsson asked

Energy and power consumption on iOS!

Hey!

I have a turn based board game using Playfab and photon for matchmaking.

I have come to problem where the device get's very hot very quick.

Managed to profile it down to being connected with the network calls.

Making one call to PlayFab/photon give a energy cost but also the "overhead" after stays for some time. Enough for you to take a turn in another game making another call.

Just by doing a few calls the Energy goes to high/very high and stays there.

I have optimized the calls and batched things together as good as I can but it's so weird.

Other games i never see running into this problem by just doing some simple web calls.

Possibly could optimize UI and things like that in the game but from the profiler it looks like it's mainly the web calls.

Any tips / ideas how to not make the phone go warm after just a few minutes of playing?

I try to limit the calls I make:

- Refreshing game list on startup

- Send move

- Get leadboard

- Refresh game list 30 sec

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

PlayFab API service is based on RESTful API and is no different from other network requests. We are not iOS experts, we recommend you to consult iOS related personnel for professional support regarding the heating and power consumption of iOS devices.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.