question

jasonyapri avatar image
jasonyapri asked

Can I use crypto wallet login authentication with PlayFab?

I am developing a Metaverse project using Unity and planning to use PlayFab.

But as far as I have researched, I didn't see any support for crypto wallet login or third party authentication system. If so, should I build Backend service from scratch?

Please kindly advice and correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Currently, there is no such feature that allows you authenticating crypto wallet in PlayFab. You may build a custom server that authenticate both crypto wallet and PlayFab. We suggest using LoginWithServerCustomId in your custom server and return SessionTicket/EntityToken to client.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jasonyapri avatar image jasonyapri commented ·

Thanks for your response :)

Just to confirm, so I can authenticate with my custom BE server and then provide the custom ID that is linked to a specific user with a crypto wallet, then use this custom ID to login to PlayFab and use its features. Am I right?

Thanks again in advance

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ jasonyapri commented ·

Yeah, just note all these should be implemented in your server. Your server can return ServerLoginResult to client so that client can use the SessionTicket/EntityToken to call PlayFab APIs.

1 Like 1 ·
jasonyapri avatar image jasonyapri JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Got it. Thanks for the reply :D

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.