question

Mauricio Espin avatar image
Mauricio Espin asked

Request Server Stuck in Standing-By Status

unrealCustom Game ServersPartner Add-ons
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mauricio Espin avatar image Mauricio Espin commented ·

Hi! Sorry, I think I posted the question without a body.

Our team is running into an issue where if we request a server from a deployed build, we get the requested IP address and details, the server says it switches to an "active" state, but that state is never reflected on the front end. Any help would be much appreciated. Here is the readout for the MpsAllocatorSample, the developer portal yields the same result.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
playfabhelpme1.png (342.6 KiB)
playfabfuckery2.png (34.7 KiB)
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Mauricio Espin commented ·

You mentioned that you got the server IP address and details. Was the server connectable or was there any issue in the server? Is this front end issue reproduceable? Could you please provide your title id for us to diagnose?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mauricio Espin avatar image Mauricio Espin Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

The server was not connectable, no active state was ever reported to the front end other than the response from the API, the server is functioning properly when ran locally with the Multiplayer Agent. The title ID is: AEB96. you can find server logs and more info below on Dimitris' reply.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

Yes, we are working on documentation update and at the same time today we discovered an issue that might have interfered with the Unreal plugin using Blueprints. We've rolled the fix into a couple of regions and it looks like it's working, it will be deployed worldwide by Thursday end of day. Apologies for the inconvenience

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

Out of curiosity, are you using the Unreal GSDK with Blueprints? If you can capture a process dump so we can see what's going on, that would be most helpful!

2 comments
10 |1200

These are the logs I could get from the game manager. They are from builds with the old and the new plugin. We are using the blueprint implementation and have also recently discovered and update with the Unreal plugin that may be the root of the issue. I'll follow up with additional pictures.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Here is the documentation/old method:

Here is what I believe should be the proper implementation now but I don't think the documentation has been updated yet to confirm:

0 Likes 0 ·
documentationgi.png (225.1 KiB)
newgi.png (155.0 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.