question

davidlanderos avatar image
davidlanderos asked

How to tell WHICH playfab account is "already linked"?

I'm using the API /Client/LinkGoogleAccount, when the server responds with Error 1012 (LinkedAccountAlreadyClaimed) I want to show the user a conflict screen so he/she can decide to force or not. the user must be able to see both profiles and pick one. At the moment I don't see how I could get the "already linked" account id. Can someone give me a hand? Is there an API that solves this issue based on an Google auth token?

Thanks in advance

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidlanderos avatar image davidlanderos commented ·

when I say "the user must be able to see both profiles and pick one" I mean:

1.- the one the user is currently playing with anonymously

2.- the account that is supposedly linked to his/her google identity

0 Likes 0 ·
davidlanderos avatar image davidlanderos davidlanderos commented ·

My game has a lot of server side logic, I'm ready to deliver the profile info I need in the frontend based on the account/player id.

But at the moment everything seems to point that I need to use the google auth token, to temporarily "login to Playfab" just to gather that minimal piece of data (account ID or Player ID) which tbh sounds like a lot of heavy lifting considering that the user may choose to stay with the current account.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

You can try calling GetPlayFabIDsFromGoogleIDs API with your Google Id, as this API will retrieve the PlayFab Id for the given Google Id. Then you can call GetPlayerCombinedInfo API to get all of the player’s different kinds info.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidlanderos avatar image davidlanderos commented ·

Thanks, That indeed worked, Do you know if there is any equivalent for Apple id?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.