question

Matt Rochon avatar image
Matt Rochon asked

Checking active timed consumables

I have items that provide buffs over time: increase xp gains for 1hr, increase gold gains for 30m etc, these are created as timed consumables.

Now when awarding things to players I want to check if they have any of these buffs active so I can reward the right amount, but theres no way to check for the existence of a specific item type, for example.

So in every case I would need to download the entire player's inventory, check for the existence of any possible buff items, and apply their results?

It feels like I'm missing something here and there would be a much better way to do this...

Player Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Currently, we don’t support to check a specific item or a specific item class, if you need such feature, you can vote for Get a single item from the inventory - Playfab Community.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matt Rochon avatar image Matt Rochon commented ·

Thats fair, I'm more wondering whats the best practice here. I assume its not constantly downloading the entire inventory.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Matt Rochon commented ·

Currently, if you want to check the items in the player's inventory, you have to get the entire inventory.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.