question

lukaskebel avatar image
lukaskebel asked

Multiplayer Server Pricing per Server

I cannot wrap my head around the multiplayer Pricing sheet. So how does it work?

Just assume i need at least 10 Servers running a month and lets also assume i have like 10000 Players a month playing for 6 Minutes per session.

I assume that i need more than one VM for 10 Servers or i need more Cores for that matter. How does this affect the pricing?

Because the more Servers i can run simultaniously on one VM the better but when i have to add cores how does this affect the calculation?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

PlayFab MPS is charged based on thetype of VM, the number of VM, the time they run, and the network consumption. You need to decide how many servers you need based on the number of players, the number of players per server, etc. The difference between running two VM and running a more cores VM is that one affects the number of VMs and one affects the type of VMs, which further affects the computation. There are specific calculation formulas in this document you can have a look or you can use the MPS calculator to estimate your cost.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.