question

cwham avatar image
cwham asked

How "New users" is calculated in the PlayFab report?

Hi,

While checking the engagement metrics for our Xbox title by using Microsoft Partner Center and PlayFab Reports(I've checked it from Daily Total Report), I've found that there are differences between the number of new users from the Partner Center and the number of new users from the PlayFab report.

I found the definition of the metric from the documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/analytics/metrics/metrics-and-terminology), but haven't found how the "New users" are calculated. We guess the numbers in PlayFab report might be calculated based on the number of 'player_created' events(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/api-references/events/player-created) within a day.

It would be appreciated if we can check if our guess is correct or not. We think it would be very helpful if there is any documentation we can look into this issue, please let us know. Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

As the documentation mentions, “New Users” records the count of players who logged in for the first time, thus creating new player profiles. If you want to calculate this value by the number of certain events, then the event “player_added_title” should be more suitable than event “player_created”. Because if you have multiple titles in one Studio, event “player_created” is only triggered once per publisher, not once per title, while event “player_added_title” is triggered when a player creates a new account for a title, and it is triggered once per title rather than once per publisher.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.