question

Hamzeh avatar image
Hamzeh asked

Shared data read/write permission to all users

Hello Devs, I am trying to make a string accessed by all the players to read and write permission tried shared group data but the problem you need to add each player to the group to give access, are there any simpler way?, ty for your time reading the question

data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

Shared group data is not designed to be used by all users, refer to Using Shared Group Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

If you need to make it accessible to all players, you can try Title Data, but Title Data is not suitable for storing dynamic variables, it is more suitable for storing static constants, has a delay of up to 15 minutes per update and does not support multiple players modifying it at the same time .

If none of these work for you then you may need to use a third-party database to store your global data.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamzeh avatar image Hamzeh commented ·

Ty for the help, found that it is not doable in playfab so, I'll be using a third-party database and I got a recommended database called Redis.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.