question

Oliver Summerfield avatar image
Oliver Summerfield asked

Is it possible to authenticate Playfab with Steam on a React website with Steam Passport?,Is it possible to authenticate with Steam in a React website with Steam Passport?

I'd like to make a website where users can login through steam in order to view their stats and update player title data. Does the Steam Passport React authentication strategy contain the appropriate Steam Ticket for the playfab call or is there a better solution to authenticate players through Steam on the website?

Thanks

I'm looking to create a website where users can view their statistics and also update player title data. I'm just wondering if it's possible to get the correct Steam Ticket from the Steam Passport authentication strategy in React, or if I'll need to use another solution to get the appropriate ticket.

Thanks

Authentication
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Oliver Summerfield avatar image Oliver Summerfield commented ·

The question posted twice after I tried to post it, clicked login and post and what I had written disappeared so I rewrote it and now it's added both versions to the same question

0 Likes 0 ·

I've seen that it's possible to get a JWT token from Steam Passport, potentially like this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32844596/combining-a-passport-openid-stategy-with-jwt

Would this be the correct token for the Login with Steam playfab call?

0 Likes 0 ·

Thinking about it can I just use the returned Steam ID with GetPlayFabIDsFromSteamIDs() and then I can update title data using that?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Made Wang avatar image
Made Wang answered

What LoginWithSteam needs is a SteamTicket returned by GetAuthSessionTicket. Does the Steam-Passport you are using return such a Token? We are not experts on steam, we recommend that you seek professional support in the steam community.

Is Steam-Passport an OpenId authentication method? PlayFab provides LoginWithOpenIdConnect and LinkOpenIdConnect, is this what you need?

For Title Data, refer to SetTitleData, which does not require PlayFabId. For the client side, you can call SetTitleData through Azure Function Cloud Script, and for the server side, if you have configured SecretKey, you can call it directly. If you are talking about Player Data, and the steam account has been linked with the PlayFab account, then the method you are talking about is feasible.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.