question

Daniel Keele avatar image
Daniel Keele asked

Most efficient way to store and access 10,000 strings

I have about 10,000 strings that I would like to store in playfab, and retrieve one at a time from the client. what is the most space and time efficient way of doing this?

I’ve considered storing them all in a cloudscript function, but I’m unsure how expensive that would be.

datapricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since 10,000 strings is too much, may I know your specific usage scenario? If these strings used as Global Constant/Static Data, you can store it in title data. But because you have 10,000 strings and this exceeds the storage limit of 1000 KVP, we recommend that you group your data so that a key corresponds to a set of values so that you don't exceed the 1000 key-value limit. In case our recommended workaround does not work for you, you can upgrade your account to Enterprise and contact us to discuss the change of storage limit. And If you need a global data storage that supports being updated and retrieved in real-time, you need combine Azure Function and Azure Cosmos DB for that functionality.

In addition, although CloudScript can be used for storage, CloudScript itself also has a size limit about 1,000,000 bytes, which may not be enough.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.