question

itsjustnils avatar image
itsjustnils asked

DarkRift2 with separate tcp and udp ports

Hi all,

I've got a PoC working with Mirror ("working" means I can connect with a client to a server and walk around with multiple players). So I know what's required to set up a server, dynamically assign ports to that instance of the server with GetGameServerConnectionInfo, then request multiplayer servers on client side via the RequestMultiplayerServer method, find the correct ipv4 address and port(s) to connect to, and run this baby.

I'm not using containerized servers, but process-based instead.

However, for very specific reasons I want to use DarkRift2 instead of Mirror.

DarkRift2 requires you to configure both a tcp and udp port separately. This is possible on the DarkRift2 side of things. I'm capable to connect to a server running on, say, tcp port 30000 and udp port 30100 (much like how PlayFab works!). I've managed to do this locally, on GameLift and on Unordinal. But not on PlayFab with DarkRift2, only with Mirror!

However, for the sake of having the "full package" and where I see the most potential for our project. I keep pushing for PlayFab. Even tho I've been running in many circles around PlayFab already.

So, when deploying my server to PlayFab, set up two ports for my process-based server while at it, activating a server and check my server logs to see which ports it's using, I'm running into an issue:

In the image below you can see both ports being exposed to the client. On the server the udp port is assigned to 30001.

On the client I'm receiving the ports as shown in the image above.

When I try to connect with my client... I can't. It'll time out.

Below is an image-snippet of my server log.

I'm assigning the ports "incorrectly" here. Because I'm using the ClientConnectionPort instead of the ServerListeningPort. This was more of a test to see what's up. Ususally I assign the ServerListeningPort, which would in this case be port 30001. But even then, I'm not able to connect to my instanced server.

Meanwhile I'll give it one more spin using the "correct" ports. But I'm quite out of ideas here. Any tips?

Cheers!

ports.jpg (9.0 KiB)
serverports.jpg (38.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
itsjustnils avatar image
itsjustnils answered

Ok, so the solution was to not use 127.0.0.1 but 0.0.0.0 as listener address.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.