question

drew avatar image
drew asked

SetCatelogItems returns "Drop table refers to unknown catalog item"

I am trying to bulk import a ton of catelog items all at once.

Since PlayFab doesn't have a "upload JSON" button in the UI for bulk adding items, just for the entire catelog it seems.

So I am calling SetCatelogItems inside PostMan, and it gives this error

"Drop table 'DropTableCommon' refers to unknown catalog item 'ContainerCardCl'.\nDrop table 'DropTabletCommon' refers to unknown catalog item 'ContainerCardS'.\nDrop table 'DropTabletCommon' refers to unknown catalog item 'ContainerCardCC'..... (etc, it lists every single drop table in the catelog).

Why is this happening? I am trying to create a NEW drop table, and its not referencing any of these other things...

How can I simply create a new DropTable using the admin API?

And what about updating an existing droptable using the admin API?

There are no examples in the docs I can find.

Thank you for your support

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

>> Since PlayFab doesn't have a "upload JSON" button in the UI for bulk adding items, just for the entire catelog it seems. So I am calling SetCatelogItems inside PostMan

The SetCatalogItems API also changes the entire content in catalog. For your requirements we recommend call UpdateCatalogItems API.

>> Why is this happening? I am trying to create a NEW drop table, and its not referencing any of these other things...

This error occurs because your Droptable references an uncreated Container. You can manually upload or you'd need to firstly creating the shells (with no centent) of Containers so that later the DropTable can reference it, after that, add contents into Containers.

>> How can I simply create a new DropTable using the admin API? And what about updating an existing droptable using the admin API?

You can call UpdateRandomResultTables API to create a new DropTable and update an exist Droptable.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.