question

Ayrton Olvera avatar image
Ayrton Olvera asked

Check Playfab ID format

Hello!

I'm working in a Unreal Engine 4.27.2 project and I was taking a look at the GameModeBase.cpp PreLogin implementation, where the server makes a check on the UniqueNetId to be valid and also compatible with the server OSS, since we are making it cross-platform between Steam and Oculus we can't use the Playfab OSS provided here: PlayFab/PlayFabMultiplayerUnreal: PlayFab Multiplayer Online subsystem plugin for Unreal Engine (github.com)

And as I see there's a check that compares the incoming player UniqueId with the server OSS rules, I could just skip that check but I wanted to know if there is a way to compare that UniqueId(I'm going to extract the PlayFabEntityId) with some format to ensure that is a valid PlayFabEntityId without making any call to the REST API.

Thanks in advance!

Player DataunrealCustom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

PlayFab EntityId is a hex-encoded number with a length of 15-16 digits, it should consist of letters from A to F and numbers from 0 to 9. You can check the format base on that.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.